Health & Safety
GeoSurv believes that a strong and visible leadership is paramount in promoting a safe working environment. Our policy sets out to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, equipment and systems of work for all our employees, and to provide such information, training and supervision as they need for this purpose. We also accept our responsibility for sub contractors who may be affected by our activities.
Our statement of general policy is:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- to provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
All employees have the responsibility to cooperate with supervisors and managers to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others. Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 places a duty on employees to cooperate with management in terms of meeting the company’s duties under the act, including the use of any protective equipment provided. Any negligent act or non-cooperation will be taken very seriously and may result in disciplinary action.
The policy will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this the policy and the way in which it has operated will be reviewed annually.